Soft, flavorful, and guilt free, our Oat Flour Hamburger Buns are a delicious revelation for those seeking a delightful burger experience without wheat.
Crafted with wholesome oat flour and just the right blend of ingredients, these buns boast a perfect texture and a slight sweetness that complements any juicy patty or sandwich filling.
Savor the taste of freedom with these homemade buns, ensuring everyone at the table can relish the burger goodness, bite after bite.
Make the perfect local burger using meat from our friends at The Yukon Meat Co.!
PRINT RECIPE CARD
Makes about 6 Buns.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Sesame seeds (for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey (or maple syrup), melted butter (or coconut oil), milk, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until you have a smooth batter. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a round bun shape. You can wet your hands slightly to prevent sticking.
- Place the buns on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Optionally, brush the tops of the buns with a little milk or beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the buns are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the buns from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice the buns horizontally to use for your favorite hamburgers or sandwiches.