This moist and delicious Banana Loaf is a great way to enjoy the goodness of Barley in a classic family favorite.
Banana loaf is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It's a moist and flavorful bread that is made with ripe bananas, which gives it a naturally sweet taste. Here's a recipe for banana loaf that you can easily make at home using local Hinterland Flour Mill ingredients!
PRINT RECIPE CARD
Makes about 16 slices.
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole barley flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) applesauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) mashed, ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Grease a 9 x 5” (2 L) loaf pan (or line with parchment paper)
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, apple sauce and vanilla into mashed banana.
- Gently add banana mixture into dry ingredients until ingredients are just combined. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until loaf is golden brown on top. A toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from of pan and let cool on rack.
- Slice and enjoy!