This soup is the perfect easy to make comfort food that the whole family is sure to love.
Get ready to enjoy the hearty and delicious flavors of Beef Barley Soup! Our all-natural blend is packed with nutrients and flavor, making it the perfect choice for a healthy and satisfying meal. Enjoy the savory blend of beef and barley, and let the aroma fill your kitchen with a comforting warmth. Make Beef Barley Soup in minutes and enjoy an instant taste of home-cooked goodness!
PRINT RECIPE CARD
Makes about 10 servings.
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, sliced
- 3½ cups Beef broth
- 3 cups Water
- 2 lbs Stewing Beef (We reccomend The Yukon Meat Co!)
- 1 can Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Hulless Barley Berries
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Heat 1 Tbsp canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Dab beef dry and add 1/2 or 1/3 of beef, adding just enough not to overcrowd. Season with salt and pepper. Let sear until golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes then flip and cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer beef in pot to a plate along with juices and repeat process with remaining beef adding in another 1 Tbsp oil to pot.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat remaining oil. Sauté carrots, celery and onion for 5 minutes until onion is transparent.
- Add broth, water, roast beef, tomatoes, barley and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve & enjoy!